Sunday, April 25, 2010

One Model's Frustration

OK, so I did a show... I won't say for whom... It was a mess. Never have I ever felt like a complete idiot on a runway, but this was a first for me. I think I need to learn to roll with the punches a little better. I always thought of myself as a reasonable, even-tempered, helpful sort of person, but when everything from descriptions of my clothing being wrong, telling the audience I'm wearing something I didn't even have, skipping me completely in the second walk, sim crashing, and restarting two walks ahead of where we were at when it crashed so NO ONE's descriptions were right, and then getting yelled at by several other models because I happened to point out precisely where we were in the script, only I used the terms from the script notecard instead of the term from the walk order notecard so I couldn't POSSIBLY have any idea what I was talking about... That's almost a few too many punches to roll with.

Forgive my rant. I don't often write in blogs, but sometimes it can be cathartic. I really do love what I do. :)

2 comments: