Friday, October 22, 2010

Wow, Has it Been That Long???

OMG months it's been since I last posted anything here. I'd say nothing much was going on, but that wouldn't exactly be the truth, since a LOT has been happening, both in the world of SL modeling, and in the world of vampires and demons known as Goth City, which I've been managing for a couple years now.

We'll set aside the roleplay sim for now and focus on modeling. In the last few months, I've done a few shows... not too many, really, but finding the time isn't easy these days. Somewhere in there, I managed to land a job as an in-store model for Mohna Lisa Couture, and I'm loving that. Mohna's designs are incredible! If I had the lindens, I'd own everything in the store in every possible color!

Next up is landing the show coordinator at ModelPages International. Now, MPI is where I got my start in the modeling world. I've been with them since June, 2009. When they went looking for a coordinator about a month ago, I leapt at the chance. I'd been wanting to do that job for close to a year, and now here's my chance. So... my first show is coming up, and I'm nervous as all get-out! Thankfully, this first one isn't with a designer. I decided to go all Halloweeny and have the models style themselves up as vampires, demons, witches, ghouls, etc. Little did I know I'd be explaining several times that in spite of the theme, it's still a fashion show, so even though they're spooky, I still want to see "pretty," and no creepy halloweeny masks with skeletons and brains and all that mess. OK, so we get that straightened out. Now here it is 3 days before the first rehearsal, and I still have to finish building the set, work out the walk, and hope and pray everyone shows up on time for the first rehearsal so I don't have to replace anyone.

I can do this... I know I can do this. But OMG did I ever bite off a big chunk for my first time out. Next time, I won't be building the set, so that'll be a load off, and I won't be asking models for extravagant styling, so that'll make it easier too. They understand pretty. They just don't understand creepy pretty. They're new, though, most of them. They'll learn. And so will I.

No comments:

Post a Comment